Have you ever noticed that whenever you focus on something, somehow the universe mirrors it back to you? We spoke Monday about knowing your truth. The next evening at my power yoga class, the flow was focused on the “throat chakra” or the center of truth. Chakra is the Sanskrit word for “wheel”, and it is part of the energy force that lives within our bodies and spirit. There are seven chakras, or channels that affect the body functions through our consciousness and awareness. They are like pumps or valves that transmit energy throughout our body.
We feed our energy channels and, as a result, all of our vital organs by our thoughts and reactions to the stimuli in our environment. The energy channel that correlates with our innate truth, exists in the throat. It is through the throat and mouth that we express to the world who we are. Only when we can be honest about who we are on a deeper level, can we express ourselves authentically. Dishonesty, or even repressing our emotions and pushing them away into our subconscious, could manifest into various throat ailments. It is through the pathway of our throat and mouth that we can create sounds, allowing us to vocalize freely the depth of who we are and who we hope to be. Here are some associations to the the throat chakra courtesy of about.com:
- Color– blue
- Sanskrit Name – vishuddha
- Physical Location– throat, neck region
- Purposes– learning to take responsibility for one’s own needs
- Spiritual Lesson– confession, surrender personal will over to divine will, faith, truthfulness over deceit
- Physical Dysfunctions– sore throat, mouth ulcers, scoliosis, swollen glands, thyroid dysfunctions, laryngitis, voice problems, gum or tooth problems, TMJ
- Mental and Emotional Issues– personal expression, creativity, addiction, criticism, faith, decision making (choices), will, lack of authority
- Information Stored Inside Throat Chakra– self-knowledge, truth, attitudes, hearing, taste, smell
- Area of Body Governed – throat, thyroid, trachea, neck vertebrae, mouth, teeth, gums, esophagus, parathyroid, hypothalamus
How can you express your truth today?